was established in 2007 by a group of ladies throughout the United States who found that they all had a common bond: their fondness for reading and their love for romance and women fiction novels where the authors wrote about adventure, suspense, thrilling love sequences, but most importantly of all, a happy ending.
What makes the STCC Book Club special?
- We meet by conference call connecting members located throughout the United States. It is also the goal of STCC to organize a special event where members can meet face-to-face at a annual book club meeting located at various destinations within the United States.
- Our focus is to have the authors join in on the book club discussion at our meetings when their book is being featured. Members are able to ask the author questions and discuss what they liked and/or disliked about the novel.The authors bring a wealth of knowledge and information to the discussion.
- We are able to share our reading experience with friends, family, and new friends from coast to coast.
- Participation is completely voluntary. There is never any pressure to read the chosen book, host a book club session, or to call into the meetings. If you find that you didn't have time to read the book, you're still welcome to join the meetings. Or maybe with your busy schedule, you won't be able to call in to participate in the meeting. No problem! Your participation is your choice.
- Aspiring writers are encouraged to join. Some of our members are also aspiring writers who particularly enjoy getting an opportunity to speak with the authors of the featured books making STCC an excellent networking vehicle for aspiring writers.
- Membership is free. There are no applicable dues and members are not required to purchase any of the featured books.